Monday 27 January 2014

First Overseas Trip

At the age of 8 months I had my first overseas trip with my family. We went to Hanoi, Viet Nam. We stayed there for 6 days, from 28 December 2013 to 02 January 2014, for a family holiday.

- my family's first holiday with me! @ Changi Terminal 3 -

It was my first time to ride an airplane. I didn't cry. I didn't make a fuss. In fact, I was very "mukan" (short form for Visayan word "samukan" that can mean cannot keep still and/or keeps moving) as Mommy and Daddy say it. It was generally an easy one except that I had wind in my tummy on our way to Hanoi. It was probably because of the plane’s air pressure. I think it made me slightly uncomfortable for the first few days because I can’t seem to have uninterrupted sleep at night (which I usually enjoy) until I was able to let it all out and pooed on the third or fourth day (I cannot remember) that I felt all fine.

- first plane ride -

- with my brother Hendrik and Gary the snail -

- touch down Viet Nam @ Noi Bai International Airport -

- welcome to Gondola Hotel -

- good morning Hanoi! -

It was also my first time to experience winter. Although there was no snow but it was cooold. The average day time temperature was 17 degrees celcius (but with cold crisp air) and the lowest temperature being 4 degrees celcius early in the morning. Good thing Mommy was prepared as she brought a lot of winter stuff for me – long sleeves, long pants, mittens, booties, beanie, thick sleep wear, etc. She even asked Ate Mitch, my cousin who is way older than me (and a year older than my Mommy for that matter) to buy me winter/snow suit from Zurich. It was very timely that Ate Mitch was scheduled to visit Singapore more than a week before our trip as the winter/snow suit she gave me kept me warm while we cruise the cold winter streets of Hanoi.

- my red winter suit courtesy of my Ate Mitch -

- with my brother, Hendrik, @ the Red Bridge, Hoan Kiem Lake Hanoi -

- family love -

- @ The Tran Quoc Pagoda -

- look at my brother! @ The Tran Quoc Pagoda -

- with Mommy @ the huge grounds of Ho Chi Minh mausoleum -

- oh, hello there! -

- smile... -

- my happy Mommy and I @ the Lenin Park -

- oh, I want to ride that too... someday... -

The cold winter breeze surprisingly caused me to naturally doze off while we were out and about. I think my family finds it funny that I was sleeping while they were exploring the sights and sounds that Hanoi has to offer. Oh well…  ;)

- I dozed off in the middle of our mini train ride despite the screech and the snort -

- thanks to the good 5-year old stroller (which has been to a lot of places than I have been to), Mommy can rest her arms from carrying me -

- fun time @ Gondola Hotel -

We also celebrated Mommy's 35th birthday in Hanoi. It has been a tradition to celebrate her birthday overseas as it always fall on the dates of my family's annual holiday trip. Lucky her!

- with the birthday girl -

- can I have the cake now? -

As our bodies had adjusted well to Hanoi’s weather, we were all sweating when we arrived at Singapore Changi Airport even after removing our layers and jackets. Two different places two different weather; and it suddenly changes with just a few hours of travel.

- "mukan" moves inside the airplane going back to Singapore -

- being nice to the girls sitting at the back trying to befriend me -

I will forever treasure my first family overseas trip. This is one happy milestone for me.  =D


~~~ end ~~~
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment